Sunday, November 7, 2010

Finally some quiet time to reflect...

It has been one of those days, one of those weeks, and one of those months, where everything happens in a whirlwind and you just NEED to stop for a breath. This is my breath.....

I am sleep deprived, I have a clingy, teething monster of a child and a husband who is sleeping all day....I have a family who desire contact, probably more often than I feel able to give it, I have sick relatives, friends who I miss. I have a multitude of health professionals all requiring my time, family events I simply cannot attend, I feel stretched and pulled in so many directions. I want to live and take my life at my pace, is that so much to ask?

I have been amazed at how much I can accomplish with a child firmly attached to one hip - I can do washing, hang it out, clean the bathroom, wash the outside of the house, cook and eat dinner, make bottles and prepare medications. Once upon a time I would have thought that none of these things were possible.

I am learning...

I am learning that I am much more capable than I give myself credit for.
I am learning that I am as important as anyone else.
I am learning that it is okay to express my opinions, and in fact I SHOULD express my opinions.
I am learning to be an observer rather than an enabler.
I am learning to trust my instincts and not doubt myself.

Actually I am learning quite a lot!

I am reading a book, a book that my Dad lent to me - its actually  a prison book lol. Its about becoming a peaceful warrior and living each day to its fullest. It has been very inspirational to me, and I'm only about half way through it!

There is a little boy, sleeping in his bed, that I have been to the ends of the Earth and back again for, and who I would do it all again for, each and everyday of my life. I guess that's called being a Mum. He is the light of my life and the centre of my universe, and here is the latest picture of my very special little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment