Monday, October 4, 2010

Fun in the sun

After a week of preparing for a day by the lake with a good friend, the day has arrived! And oh my, what a gorgeous day it is!  Not a cloud in the sky and a wonderful 20 degrees. Cale has had an awesome nights sleep (9pm to 9am), and Mama is feeling rested, despite not falling asleep til 3am. To be honest, if it was left up to me, we probably wouldn't have ventured out the door today. It is often like that, PND takes away your confidence and motivation. Luckily I had some pretty good external motivation today so all good!! 


We drove the 20minutes across town, and freaked out at the number of people at the lake - holy moly! Then a light dawning moment, of course its busy, its school holidays!! A few deep breathing exercises and a cuddle with my boy later, my friend and her daughter arrived, sigh, relief! I can focus on her and her little girl, and the rest of the mayhem can fade into the background. Ahhhhh much better, smiling both inside and out!


I'm suitably impressed with myself and Cale - we managed 4 hours at the lake, AND WE HAD A GOOD TIME!! I am so pleased I took the risk today, it would have been very easy to stay at home. I remember something my Nana once said "It is within the risk that we grow". It's scary, but I'm learning to be courageous again. And I'm learning that if I can't do it for myself, then I will absolutely do it for my little boy. 







We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment